Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website
and Degree Real Estate Academy (FL DOS DOC L18000187250, FL DBPR RE School License # ZH1002751 / HI CE Provider License # PVD 106 / Appraisal CE Provider # PVD246) / Degree Dealer Academy (FL DMVHS School License # MVDTS-0023) ("Degree"), the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the
Website. Clauses 3 and 12 – 14 apply only to the sale of Services. Your use of this website and the purchase of any course or product from this website is your agreement to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by
these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual
offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer
is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following
Account: means collectively the personal
information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any
communications System on the Website;
Content: means any text, graphics, images,
audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a
computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
Facilities: means collectively any online
facilities, tools, services or information that Degree makes available through the Website or otherwise either now or in the future;
Services: means the services available to
you through this Website or otherwise, specifically use of the Degree proprietary e-learning platform, including, but not limited to, all course materials, course presentation, course formatting, course components, and information;
Payment Information: means any details
required for the purchase of Services from this Website and/or Degree. This includes, but is not limited to, credit /
debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
Premises: Means our place(s) of business;
System: means any online communications
infrastructure that Degree makes available through the Website and/or otherwise either now or in the future.
This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email
User / Users: means any third party that
accesses the Website and is not employed by Degree and/or acting in the course of their
employment for Degree;
Website: means the website that you are
currently using (www.degreefl.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.degreerea.com)
unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions; and
We/Us/Our: means Degree, a company
organized under the laws of the State of Florida with the Florida State Department Corporations Division, having registration # L18000187250 and having a mailing address of 4700 Milennia Boulevard, Suite 175, Orlando, Florida 32839.
2. Age Restrictions
Persons under the age of 18 should use this Website only with
the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an
3. Business Customers
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers procuring
Services in the course of business.
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these
Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but
not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations,
page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Degree, Our affiliates or
other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is
protected by applicable United States and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce,
copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise
indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
5. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all
Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product
images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce,
copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on
the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or
6. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission only where fair use exceptions apply. No commercial use may be made with respect to any material contained or derived from the Website or other materials owned by Degree and/or its members, officers, directors, or principals.
7. Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly
stated, these sites are not under the control of Degree or that of Our affiliates. We assume no
responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or
damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not
imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them. Degree does not endorse any agent, brokerage firm, or other third-party service provider and assumes no liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of any product or service provided by any agent, brokerage firm or third-party which may be found through the use of this Website or Degree's services. Those considering using the services of or purchasing goods from any agent, brokerage firm, or third-party is advised to fully research that provider as Degree makes no representations or warranties as to those providers and disclaims all liability related to such providers.
8. Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites
may do so only to the home page of the site www.degreefl.com without Our prior permission. Deep
linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires Our express written permission. To find
out more please contact Us by email at info@DegreeFL.com or call us in the following number: 407-777-9066.
9. Use of Communications Facilities
9.1 When using any System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following
rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
9.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
9.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This
includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing,
defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
9.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
9.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be
unable to fully respond to questions / concerns submitted in any other languages;
9.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and
Conditions or any applicable laws;
9.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and
representatives of Degree or Our affiliates; and
9.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam"
or "junk mail".
- 9.2 You acknowledge that Degree reserves
the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.3 You acknowledge that Degree may
retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.4 You acknowledge that any information you send
to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your right to
be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use
of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such
terms and associated information.
10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the
System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and
Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment
information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Websiteyou represent and
10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be
10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an
Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your
Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or
damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared
computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your
Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us
immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorized orders or payments that may be
pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of
Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorized provision commences prior to your
notifying Us of the unauthorized nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the
period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be
charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required
to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the
suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
11. Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 11.1 Either Degree or you may terminate
your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the
termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate
without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If We terminate your Account, any current or
pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not
12. Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 While every effort has been made to ensure
that all general descriptions of Services available from Degree correspond to the actual
Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these
descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements
and circumstances. We cannot guarantee any particular testing or career outcome as a result of our Services.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to
select the required Plan of Services.
- 12.3 We neither represent nor warrant that such
Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming
your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is
correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any
special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during
the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking
payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
13. Orders and Provision of Services
13.1 No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your
order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is
indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order
confirmation email will there be a binding contract between Degree and you.
13.2 Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin
and shall contain the following information:
13.2.1 Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main
characteristics of those Services;
13.2.2 Fully itemized pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate,
taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
13.2.3 Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
13.2.4 User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 13.3 If We, for any reason, do not accept your
order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in
relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 13.4 Payment for the Services shall be taken via
your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup or enrollment fee that corresponds to the service plan you
purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during
the previous month (“billing cycle”) and/or as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 13.5 We aim to fulfill your Order within 2-3
working days or if not, within a reasonable period following your Order, unless there are
exceptional circumstances. If we cannot fulfill your Order within a reasonable period, we will
inform you at the time you place the Order by a note on the relevant web page or by contacting you
directly after you place your Order. Time is not of the essence of the Contract, which means we will
aim to fulfill your Order within any agreed timescales but this is not an essential term of the
Contract and we will not be liable to you if we do not do so.
- 13.6 Degree shall use all Our reasonable
care to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade
- 13.7 In the event that Services are provided that
are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to
inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any appropriate corrections, in our sole discretion, are made within five (5)
working days. Services are non-refundable course enrollment fees may not be refunded after the course is accessed. Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be
asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your
- 13.8 Degree provides technical support via
our online support forum and/or phone. Degree makes any effort possible to respond to support
requests within 1 business day during normal business hours (9am to 5pm ET), but we do not guarantee
a particular response time.
14. Cancellation of Orders and Services
Orders may not be cancelled and no refunds can be issued once a course is accessed and/or attended.
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data
- 16.1 All personal information that We may collect
(including, but not limited to, your name and address and other personal identifying information) will be collected, used and held in
accordance with law.
- 16.2 We may use your personal information to:
16.2.1 Provide Our Services to you, including the preparation of course completion certificates;
16.2.2 Process your payment for the Services; and
16.2.3 Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request
that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 16.3 We will not pass on your personal information
to any other third parties not affiliated with Degree without first obtaining your express permission.
- 17.1 We make no warranty or representation that
the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be
fit for a particular purpose, that it will be
compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be
accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services. In particular, we cannot guarantee any performance result with respect to the use of our Service or Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Website is intended to
constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any
decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Website is intended to
constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 17.4 While We use reasonable efforts to ensure
that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised
to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your
18. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and
We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content, the Facilities, access to the Premises or
these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions
from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If We are required to make any changes to
these Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently
pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
19. Availability of the Website
- 19.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as
available” basis. Degree uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a
fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or
Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for
outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy
of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. In the case of an uptime issue, please contact us as info@DegreeFL.com to request accommodation.
- 19.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or
non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP
equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural
events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. Limitation of Liability
- 20.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, We
accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including
any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any
information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content and our services at your
- 20.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, you shall indemnify and hold Degree harmless from any and all loss or damage whatsoever.
21. No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails
to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right
22. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions
and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is
expressly stated otherwise.
23. Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights
upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Degree.
- 24.1 All notices / communications shall be given
to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to info@DegreeFL.com.
- 24.2 We may from time to time, if you opt to
receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive
such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.
25. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Degree shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Orange County, Florida.
26. Provisions Specific to FREC-Approved Courses
The following provisions relate specifically to FREC-approved courses.
- 26.1 Classroom hour means 50 minutes of classroom instruction, exclusive of any breaks, recesses, or other time not spent on instruction. Classroom hours are the hours delivered live by an instructor in a classroom or a live steaming or any means of video conferencing technology while students are in attendance.
- 26.2 A grade of 70% or higher on the Commission-prescribed end-of-course examination constitutes satisfactory course completion provided the student has completed the learning requirement. Students may not take end-of-course exams without completing all sessions of the syllabus and course.
- 26.3 Distance learning requires a high-level of self-direction. Students are expected to read, conduct research, complete timed exams and similar assignments. 50 minute hours for distance learning courses shall be the equivalent of the 50 minute classroom hour.
- 26.4 In the event of interrupted learner services or primary system failure, please notify us by email (info@DegreeFL.com) or phone (407-777-9066). We will arrange for alternate delivery methods. Learner interruption and/or primary system failure is an unanticipated event. The e-learning platform for our Services has 99.9% uptime and 24/7 monitoring.
- 26.5 Instructors and technical staff are available during normal business hours (Eastern Time) by email (info@DegreeFL.com / Instructor@DegreeFL.com) or phone (407-777-9066).
- 26.6 End-of-course exams do not have aids, such as, but not limited to hint, back, or re-try functions.
- 26.7 Students will be required to submit a statement that includes. "I Certify that I personally completed all assignments and have not duplicated any portion of the end-of-course examination prior to the taking of the final examination."
- 26.8 The permitted instructor registered with the school available to assist students with instruction is: Brandy Hill, PhD, Licensed Real Estate Instructor, 4700 Millenia Boulevard, Suite 175, Orlando, Florida 32839, BHill@DegreeFL.com / Instructor@DegreeFL.com, 407-777-9066.
- 26.9 Students failing the Commission-prescribed pre-licensing end-of-course examination must wait at least 30 days from the date of the original exam to re-test. Within one year of the original examination, a student may re-test a maximum of one time. Otherwise, students failing the end-of-course examination must repeat the course prior to being eligible to take the end-of-course examination again. The school shall administer a different form of the end-of-course examination to a student that is retaking the exam or repeating the course.
- 26.10 Make-up classes and examinations to enable a student to take the end-of-course examination due to student or family illness may not extend more than 30 days beyond the scheduled class examination without prior approval from the Commission. Make-up classes must consist of the original course materials that the student missed.
- 26.11 For continuing education courses, a grade of 80% or higher on the Commission-prescribed continuing education course constitutes satisfactory course completion. Students failing the Commission-prescribed course examination must repeat the course of study prior to being eligible to retake the course examination, which must be a different examination from the one the student previously failed.
- 26.12 For reactivation courses, a grade of 70% or higher on the Commission-prescribed end-of-course examination.
- 26.13 Students are required to provide certain information to the school in order for the school to issue a course completion certificate. For sales associate pre-licensing courses, the student must provide the last 5 digits of their Social Security Number, name (as listed on the license application), & address. For broker pre-licenseing courses, the student must provide the sales associate license number, last 5 digits of their Social Security Number, name (as listed on the sales associate license), & address. For continuing education and reactivation education, the student must provide the last 5 digits of their Social Security Number, license number, name (as listed on the license), & address. For post-licensing examination, the student must provide the license number, name (as listed on the license), & address. For instructor continuing education, the student must provide the permit number, name (as listed on the permit), & address. Failure to provide the information as required / requested and/or failure to provide accurate information may result in the course completion not being reported.
- 26.14 All license applicants who pass a broker or sales associate examination must satisfactorily complete a Commission-prescribed post-licensing education requirement course prior to the first renewal following initial license issuance. The sales associate post-license requirement is 45 hours of instruction. The broker post-license requirement is 60 hours of instruction.
- 26.15 Data concerning student identity for enrollment, course participation, and course completion is required to be collected as part of this distance learning platform.
- 26.16 For post-licensing end-of-course examinations, a grade of 75% or higher on the Commission-prescribed end-of-course examination constitutes satisfactory course completion, provided the student has not missed in excess of 10% of the instruction.
- 26.17 Students failing a Commission-prescribed end-of-course examination for a post-licensing course may retest a maximum of one time within one year of the original examination. Otherwise, students failing the Commission-prescribed end-of-course examination must repeat the course prior to being eligible to again take the end-of-course examination. A different examination is given to a student who is retaking the exam or repeating the course.
27. School Policies
Use of this website is also governed by our , which are incorporated by reference.
28. No Employment Guarantees or Promises
No promises or guarantees of employment or placement of any agent, real estate school student, or prospective real estate school student or other person are made on this website, by or on behalf of Degree Real Estate Academy (including is members, officers, agents, employees, affiliates and/or representatives) or in any communication in any way related to this website or Degree Real Estate Academy. No promises or guarantees of employment are made as a result of any purchase of services, enrollment in an education product or completion of any educational program / course.